Primary objective of the Industrial Training in Mechatronics is to meet industry requirements for graduates with knowledge of integration of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and control systems.
Application: Cad/Cam, PLC, SCADA & Industrial Automation.
CAD/CAM Acronym for computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing, computer systems used to design and manufacture products. The term CAD/CAM shows that an engineer can use the system both for designing a product and for controlling manufacturing processes. For instance , once a structure has been constructed with the CAD component, the model itself is able to control the machines that construct the part.
PLC:- PLC a programmable logic controller (PLC) or programmable controller is a digital computer used for automation of electromechanical processes, such as control of machinery on factory assembly lines, amusement rides or light fixtures. PLCs are used in many industries and machines.
Topics to be covered in PLC
- Introduction to Industrial automation, different parts and types of automation
- Introduction to PLC hardware, role of PLC in industrial automation
- Architectural Evolution of PLC and introduction to field device attached with PLC
- PLC fundamentals (block Diagram)
- Detail Information about PLC component Power supply, CPU, I/O module, Communication bus
- Various range available in PLCs
- Types of Input and Output
- Source sink concept in PLC
- Scan cycle execution, Practical exposure Siemens, Schneider PLC
- Introduction to PLC programming software
- Addressing concept
- Programming Instruction arithmetic and logical
– Load/and/or/out/and read/write, – Move block application
– Compare/add/sub/and/or-blocks , – Advance Instruction
– Leading edge/trailing edge instructions – File handling
– Timer block programming – Comment function
– Master control/set/reset function – Counter block programming
- Upload, download, monitoring, of programs
- forcing I/P and O/P
- Standard Procedure to be followed in wiring /writing ladder etc.
- Hands on experience on writing programs (cases study of conveyor, Motor control, Timer and counter applications)
- Troubleshooting and fault diagnostics of PLC
SCADA ( SUPERVISORY CONTROL & DATA ACQUISITION)
SCADA is a type of industrial control system(ICS). Industrial control systems are computer controlled systems that monitor and control industrial processes that exist in the physical world.
Topics to be covered in SCADA
Application of SCADA software
Different Packages available with I/O Structure
Features of SCADA Software
Application Development in SCADA Environment
- Creating a New SCADA applications
- Creating Database of tags
- Creating and editing graphics display with animation
- Data entry/start stop command, analog entry, filling, seizing, movement, blinking, visibility
- Creating and accessing real time trend, creating and accessing Historical trend
- Creating alarm and events
- Writing logic’s through script
- application script, data change, Special function, condition, window script
- Connectivity with the different hardware
- communication, Protocols, Communication with PLC,
- Connectivity Between Software
- communication with Excel, communication with visual basic
- Commissioning the network nodes
- Troubleshooting the application
Six week training in Auto Cad, Catia V5, PLC and SCADA are also available